Must Read Books for Generation Next !!!
1. The Alchemist: Published in 1988 is a novel by Paulo Coelho. It has been translated into 67 languages till 2009.The book is international best seller and has sold more than 65 million copies in 56 different languages setting Guinness World Record.
“This story is about an Andalusian shepherd boy named Santiago who travels from his homeland in Spain to the Egyptian desert in search of a treasure buried in the Pyramids. Along the way he meets a Gypsy woman, a man who calls himself king, and an alchemist, all of whom point Santiago in the direction of his quest”.
2. Jurassic Park: It’s a Science Fiction Novel written by a renowned author Michael Crichton about genetic engineering. The book was republished with all iterations under single book named Jurassic World. The book was adapted by renowned directors of Hollywood like Steven Spielberg creating a blockbuster movie like Jurassic Park and The Lost World.
“A billionaire has created a technique to clone dinosaurs he is able to grow the dinosaurs in his laboratories and has locked them on an island creating a sort of theme park but something goes terribly wrong when a worker on the island turns traitor”.
3. Prey: It’s a novel based on science, technology, nanotechnology, genetic engineering and artificial intelligence and written by famous author Michael Crichton who also wrote Jurassic Park. “An experiment going wrong and nano particles and micro robots escaping from lab. It is intelligent enough to self sustain and self reproduce becoming more dangerous as its evolving too swiftly”.
4. Harry Potter Series: Written by female British author J K Rowling the novel consist of seven series revolving around the life of young wizard Harry Potter and his struggles to kill the dark wizard Lord Voldemort.
5. Lord of the Rings: It’s a fantasy novel written by British author J R R Tolkien. It’s a sequel to the fantasy novel “The Hobbit”. It is the 3rd bestselling novel ever written with over 150 million copies sold. “An antagonist Dark Lord Sauron who created one ring as an ultimate weapon to rule other rings of power to conquer and rule all of Middle Earth”.
6. The Martian: It is a science fiction novel written by American author Andy Weir. “The story is about American Astronaut who landed on mars with his team for research. A strong dust storm nearly kills him and forces his crew to evacuate the planet thinking him as dead. Mark is left alone on Mars with no way to signal his team on Earth that he is Alive. Mark not ready to quit, his quest to stay alive and a rare plan to contact NASA let himself believe that he might take off from the planet”.
7. The Historian: The Historian is 2005 novel written by American author Elizabeth Kostova.”Exploring her father’s library, a young woman finds an ancient book addressed ominously to unfortunate successor. Her discovery plunges her into a world where the secrets of her father’s past and her mother’s mysterious fate connect to an evil hidden in depths of history”.
8. The Shadow Lines: It is a winning novel by Indian writer Amitav Gosh.”The story follows about the tragic and comic lives of two families one English and one Bengali. It traces events back and forth in time from World War II to 20th Century. Through Bengali partition and violence and effects on private lives”.
9. Infinite Jest: It’s a novel written by David: The books explore essential questions about what exactly entertainment is and why it dominates our lives. How our desire for entertainment affects our need to connect with other people and what pleasures we choose say about our personality.
10. The Da Vinci Code: It is mystery detective novel by Dan Brown published in 2003. “An ingenious code hidden in the works of Leonardo da Vinci. A desperate race through the cathedrals and castles of Europe. An astonishing truth concealed for centuries unveiled at last. While in Paris, Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is awakened by a phone call in the dead of the night. The elderly curator of the Louvre has been murdered inside the museum, his body covered in baffling symbols. As Langdon and gifted French cryptologist Sophie Neveu sort through the bizarre riddles, they are stunned to discover a trail of clues hidden in the works of Leonardo da Vinci—clues visible for all to see and yet ingeniously disguised by the painter. Even more startling, the late curator was involved in the Priory of Sion—a secret society whose members included Sir Isaac Newton, Victor Hugo, and Da Vinci—and he guarded a breathtaking historical secret. Unless Langdon and Neveu can decipher the labyrinthine puzzle—while avoiding the faceless adversary who shadows their every move—the explosive, ancient truth will be lost forever”.